State Residency Requirements for 2020
Participants in National American Miss (NAM) state-level events must meet NAM’s residency requirements.
Upon request of the pageant office, a minimum of three of the following listed items must be provided by the applicant to establish residency eligibility for a given state. The documents must display the name of the applicant or the applicant’s legal guardian and be valid on the date of application to the pageant:
- Driver’s license
- U.S. passport
- State issued ID card
- Employee ID card issued by any branch, department, agency, or entity of the Federal Government, the state, a county, or a municipality
- Military identification
- School report card in the applicant’s name, indicating physical attendance in one or more classes, and that the school is located in that state
- School registration showing that the applicant is enrolled to physically attend one or more classes at that school, and that the school is located in that state
- Social security registration
- Utility bill
- Public aid ID card
- Lease or rental contract of residence
- Mortgage documents of the residence
- Residence deed
- Voter registration card
- Relocation orders (PCS or TDY) from a branch of the United States Armed Forces
- Homestead property tax exemption certification
- Other bona fide documentation of state residency, submitted by applicant and subject to the review and approval of NAM
National American Miss shall be the sole judge and determinant of an applicant’s residency. If the applicant, or actual contestant, cannot supply the necessary documents to show residency, then the application may be refused, participation may be denied, fees may not be refunded, and / or titles and awards may be revoked.
An applicant whose custodians reside in different states, and have a written joint legal custody arrangement, shall have the option of registering in either state. But in any case, the applicant may participate in only one NAM state level event per year.
To be considered, any questions concerning residency must be sent in writing by email. Inquiries must include complete contact information for the inquirer and specific questions regarding residency of a given applicant. Inquiries must be sent to the NAM national office at firstname.lastname@example.org, attention: National Coordinator.